In both the Nowra Veterinary Hospital and Bay and Basin Animal Hospital we have a range of diagnostic and imaging equipment at our disposal. This helps us quickly and accurately narrow down the diagnostic possibilities so we are able to appropriately treat your much loved pet.
Our in house diagnostic and imaging equipment includes:
- Idexx and Heska blood machine for both haematology and biochemistry.
- This allows us to rapidly gather an enormous amount of information about how well your pet is internally.
- Idexx urinalysis machine (SediVue)
- Examining the urine is a vital part of a thorough investigation. Sometimes, the answer lies with the urine! This machine allows rapid, accurate evaluation of urine for blood, infection and crystals.
- Digital radiology
- This allows for high quality x-rays to be taken and rapidly developed. It also allows for images to be sent to specialists for further interpretation when needed.
- A non-invasive diagnostic test, ultrasound allows for examination of internal organs. It can also allow for pregnancy diagnosis and ageing and counting litters.
- Also a relatively non-invasive test for examining the oesophagus and stomach.